Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to Oscar the Grouch


Did you know today is Oscar's birthday? Well it is, and I double checked it, so I'm sure.

Just in case you want to celebrate the day (he would really hate that), here are a few links to make it easier:


Find printable Oscar the Grouch coloring sheets at MyColoringPages.com.

Play Oscar themed games, watch videos, or find more printables, at Oscar's own special page, on the Sesame Street site.

Make a Grouch-in-a-Can pompom craft with Kaboose.

DLTK has a printable template for an Oscar, toilet paper tube craft.

CraftyNoodle has instructions for an easy Oscar, paper mask craft.

Family Fun has an idea for a Milk Jug Grouch House.

There's a recipe for Oscar the Grouch Smoothies (using kale!) at Along the Daisy Path.

And of course, there are always the ever popular, Grouch Cupcakes, like these from justjennrecipes.com.


As for us, we're going out to the garden, to play with worms.


Happy birthday Oscar. We hope you have a marvelously, awful, bad day!


It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, he's my husband's favorite Sesame Street character- I do believe we will have to have some special, extra grouchy dessert tonight in honor of our favorite curmudgeon!

Ticia said...

Now I have his song in my head, "Oh I love trash, anything dusty, or dirty, or dingy...."
Must get more ink today, my printer is woefully out of it.

Brimful Curiosities said...

Fun post. We took out our garbage today. Does that count as a celebration?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I think Oscar might want you to keep the garbage in :)

Be A Fun Mum said...

I love him. :D