Friday, February 26, 2010

Honest Scrap Award

Julie over at My Book Retreat very sweetly gave me the Honest Scrap Award.


The rule of the award is to share 10 honest things about yourself. So...

  1. As a whole I don't care for Dr. Seuss books. This is something I just realized, while thinking about whether to do a project with the children, to mark the author's birthday.
  2. I love to bake goodies, but I'm not crazy about cooking, you know, regular food. I do cook, because the children have to be fed more than cookies, but I don't enjoy it. Happily for me though, the man of the house loves to cook, and takes over dinner duty quite often.
  3. It's now been about two weeks since I've had a cup of coffee. I was finding my two pot a day habit was making me a little edgy, and irritable - not the best thing with six children, in my care of.
  4. I am extremely non-photogenic, and I have the pictures to prove it - but you won't see them here :)
  5. I have never ridden on a roller coaster, but I have been to Disney World.
  6. Personality wise, I can totally identify with Walter Mitty.
  7. I'm a cat person, which is sad, as I live in a state known as a dog state. Which is just as well, because with a decade of diaper duty behind me, the last thing I want is a litter box.
  8. Every year I homeschool, I edge closer to the unschooling philosophy.
  9. I have a frizzy curl to my hair, that puts the members of the 80's hair bands to shame.
  10. William Shatner makes me smile.

Whew, if that's not a strange hodge-podge of information, then I don't know what is! And, what an awful lot of I, I , I's!

So, how about making it your turn. Feel like sharing? Here's the deal - there doesn't seem to be anything in the rules about passing this award on, but I thought maybe I would - sort of. If you've read this far, I have to assume you are a regular reader. As such, I'm curious to know more about you, too. One of the things I've really enjoyed about blogging, is getting to know other mom-bloggers.

So, if you want, snatch the award above (just left click, save it as a picture to your computer, and then add it as an image to your post), and then leave me a comment to let me know you did, so I can visit your blog, and learn more about you, too.

Don't have a blog? How about just writing your 10 things in the comments - just keep 'em nice please, this is a family blog, after all!

As always, it's great to be a homeschooler.

2 comments:

Ticia said...

Congrats on giving up coffee. I don't think I can give up Dr. Pepper.
I have mixed feelings on the whole Dr Seuss thing, there's some books of his I absolutely adore, but the ones where he's more making up the words I don't like as much.
I never would have guess you like to bake......... :)
I'm drawing a total blank on who Walter Mitty is.
And William Shatner makes me smile too. I've watched movies soley because he was in it.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great information. I can see some common traits - I am a cat person myself... and don't have a cat :) I will have to write my own award post one of those days too.